Sunday, June 28, 2015

"Best Blog Post Ever" Co-Authored by Three 2015 Leaders




Greetings youngin’s!

This blog post comes to you from the joint minds of William Hilton, Liz Dolgicer, and Emily Bandoni.  We are currently on a patio in sunny Vail Colorado, Sunday morning in our jammies reading the New York Times sipping on Italian espresso of a cappuccino.  We’ve spent the past couple days enjoying the outdoors.  We hail collectively from Miami, Vail and New York City.  We are each leading a different style trip!

            I am William Hilton. I am gettin’ real amphibious real fast, good thing my toes are webbed.  I will be canoeing and hiking around the fourth longest place name, Mooselookmeguntic Lake, in the country.  My co-leader, Ellen Southworth, is currently navigating and guiding folks down the mighty Colorado for the summer.  After spending over five months gallivanting around Peru, I’m back stateside to travel by way of car even more for the next couple months.  Every day I would depart as the sun rose behind not knowing where I would be sleeping last night.  Fleeing from the escaped convicts in upstate New York where I began my journey, I had lots of fun meditating through Iowa and Nebraska with sights set on the West Coast, with aspirations of swimming amongst the seals in Pacific Ocean.

            Xin Chao! My name is Liz, I am from New York City.  After spending five months living abroad in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam, I have returned with many spring rolls in my back pockets, ready to take on AESOP 2015.  I have spent my summer days kicking it out on the beach, in Colorado, and in the offices at Christie’s.  I’m super stoked to paddle out on Saco Bay with my co-leader Maxwell Alley.

            Howdy! My name is Emily, my friends call me Lewis.  I was also living the dream in Ho Chi Minh City with Lizzy D.  I have returned back to my home stomping grounds in Ballerado.  Going into my senior year, I am pumped to be leading AESOP round dos with the same wonderful Julian Frederick Bardin.  We will be chilling on the Maine Coast, roasting some weenies, and brawts, discussing post US occupation in Vietnam.  So bring your thinking caps boys and girls, and maybe a buoy because you might drown in the intellect.


            At the start of our first year at Bates College, the three of us all embarked on our separate AESOP journeys and look at us now, chillin’ in Colorado, thanks C. Spencer!  As former AESOPers, we know first hand how valuable the AESOP experience is to the beginning of your college experience.  AESOP inspires you to embrace new adventures in a new state and make new friends. It gets you ready to get into the mindset of socializing and meeting new people!  We are looking forward to meeting Bates class of 2019 and seeing you around campus!  Peace out bob kittens!  

No comments:

Post a Comment